We offer a driving instruction programme here on site called DRIVE Tarawera, this was started in 2016 and has been a huge success to date, seeing students obtaining their drivers license through practical training and theory. We want to see students obtain their drivers licence easily, often part time jobs require a licence and we want to remove any barriers to our students success.
Who is eligible to take part?
Students must be:
- Enrolled at Tarawera High School
- 16 years old or over
- Have a great attitude
- Make a commitment to complete all of the work involved
- Sign a code of ethics.
How do you take part?
A letter will be sent to parents advising the student has been invited onto the course. From here an interview will take place to ensure the student meets all of the acceptance criteria. Students must provide an original birth certificate and two proof of address documents.
The programme consists of:
- Online learning of the New Zealand Road Code.
- Three practice tests (35 questions) to build up confidence and knowledge.
- Sit Learners Licence
Learn to DRIVE lessons
- Learn to drive in DRIVE Tarawera car with fully qualified Driving Instructor
- Sit restricted licence
This programme wouldn’t be possible without our generous sponsors.